I work with some of the coolest and most courageous clients anywhere! They are an eclectic mix of youth and young adults between the ages of 12 and 28. Each of them is wonderfully unique, but they have one thing in common. They all demonstrate the integrity and resilience to live authentically as a trans or non-binary person in a world that is persecuting them. (And their parents are an equally exceptional group of folks!)
These youth, and the parents that support them, have known the struggle of self-discovery, the heartache of harassment, and the fear of rejection. They also know the courage of their conviction, the healing power of acceptance, and the triumph of living their truth. Their stories are powerful and inspiring! And I want you to hear them.
The Trans Anthology Project is designed to expand minds and open hearts through trans educational content and personal stories. And the project has been gaining some serious momentum!
• We have over 375 loyal Instagram followers.
• We have received over 40 submissions of poems, stories and art work from folks all across the country.
• Over 50 folks have completed our on-line survey for teens or parents.
• Our participants come from Virginia, Maryland, Massachusetts, Tennessee, New Hampshire, Missouri, New York, California, Indiana, & Florida!
This weekend, the editorial committee will begin the process of reading through the current submissions and identifying where they fit into the collection.
Next, we will be reaching out via social media and newsletter to solicit submissions on specific topics that we want to cover in the collection. Stay tuned for more info on that!
But we still need your help!
We know that you want to be a part of this important project and there are a number of ways you can do that!
• Spread word of the Trans Anthology Project among trans folks, their parents and allies.
• Follow us on Instagram @Trans_Anthology_Project
• Make a donation of any amount to support the publication of this important work. All those who donate $10 or more will have the option of being listed as a contributor. We want to have a LONG list of contributors, demonstrating wide-spread support for trans youth.
• Encourage agencies and organizations that you are a part of to donate to this endeavor. For larger donations, an agency can have its url and company info listed in the book, making a clear statement of its support of the LGBTQ+ community.
Founded on the principle that sometimes the solution lies outside the box, KCCS is committed to offering creative approaches to assist you on your journey to mental health and wellness.
All of the KCCS team members believe that people do not need answers provided for them, but a nurturing space and the tools to tap into their inner wisdom and find the answers that lie within.